Not too many people know this, but David Forman is the sole NZ licence holder for global personal development and transformation experts, FranklinCovey.
Best known for The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (the world-wide best-selling book that’s now a hugely successful training programme), we also now run FranklinCovey’s The 5 Choices to Extraordinary Productivity.
And, it just so happens, that as NZ’s only accredited facilitator, I get to run them all! I love it. I really do.
And when I reflect on why I do, a few key reasons are abundantly apparent:
- The philosophy and content of the programmes (well, the vast majority of it) fits so well with my own personal and professional values and philosophies
- The materials are superbly produced and have some real WOW factor (particularly the new 5 Choices stuff – WOW!)
- But the factor that shines above all others is by far the most important – is that this stuff works!
In the many years I’ve had the great privilege to be facilitating FranklinCovey programmes, I’ve seen some incredible results, both for individuals and for their organisations. And without meaning to sound too evangelical, some of these have been life-changing for the individuals involved.
Without naming names, here are a couple of examples:
- The early 20s woman, a high-achiever in an unfulfilling role. She discovered how she could re-ignite her passion for samba dancing and developing a clear plan for how she could turn it into a viable business;
- The burnt-out senior executive, who managed by fear and whose relationship with his teenage son was completely dysfunctional. He came to the realisation that he needed to get his s*** together. Six months later, he openly confessed “this has changed my life” and went on to explain how. His staff later confided that “he’s a changed man!”
It is results like this that get me out of bed. They may not happen every day, but it is the fact that they could (and I know they have) is enough to make me want to even more!
There are plenty of others. In every single course those who participate are changed in some way by what they discover about themselves. You might think it’s too late for you to chase your dream (Most of us do at some point), but don’t give up! Stephen Covey was nearly 60 when he made his career breakthrough and had his greatest successes between 60 and 79 years old!
If you haven’t discovered FranklinCovey yet take a dip in one of Stephen R.Covey’s books or check out a video promo from the latest FranklinCovey programme; Achieving Extraordinary Productivity (The 5 Choices) and you will see what I am talking about.